1 cup (150 grams | 5.3 oz.) plain flour
1 cup (90 grams | 3.2 oz.) rolled oats
1 cup (85 grams | 3 oz.) Desiccated coconut
3/4 cup (155 grams | 5.5 oz) brown sugar
130 grams (4.5 oz) harvest award buttery spread
2 tablespoons golden syrup (or corn syrup)
1 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C(320°F). Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Stir in the oats, coconut and brown sugar.
2. Put the harvest award buttery spread, golden syrup and 2 tbs water in a small saucepan. Stir over a medium heat until melted. Stir in the bicarbonate of soda.
3. Pour the butter mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined.
4. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on the trays, about 5cm apart.
5. Press with a fork to flatten slightly. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Set aside on the trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack so it cools completely.